INDIANAPOLIS — As Indiana begins to reopen, the Bureau of Motor Vehicles is opening some of its 131 branches, with restrictions.
Beginning May 4, Hoosiers can visit BMV branches, but by appointment only for transactions not available online.
The BMV Connect kiosks located at open branches can also be used, but appointments are needed for that.
To get more information on available transactions and to schedule a branch appointment, you can go to the BMV website, https://www.in.gov/bmv/2405.htm [in.gov]. Customers with verified appointments will be required to check-in upon arrival.
Branch appointments will be limited to the following transactions:
- Knowledge Testing
- Commercial Driver License
- New Driver License/Learner Permit or Identification Card*
- Amend a Current Driver License/Learner Permit or Identification Card
- Replacement Driver License/Learner Permit or Identification Card
- Title Transfer
- Update to an Existing Title
- New Registration
- Disability Placard
Driving skills exams are still not available.